Ear Syringing can cause complications such as ear infections, perforation of the ear drum & tinnitus (persistent noise).
What to do if you have a problem with your hearing you believe to be due to Ear Wax.
1. Start this treatment if you have no pain, soreness or discharge from the ear. Purchase an agent from the chemist that helps liquify the ear wax. Follow the manufacturers’ instructions. Use this for the duration recommended on the manufacturer’s instructions. If after this time you are still experiencing problems with your hearing you can proceed to Step 2
2. Or instil Olive Oil 2-3 drops for 2 -3 times a day. If after 3 weeks you are still experiencing problems with your hearing you can proceed to Step 2
1. If you have pain or blood stained/smelly discharge please arrange to see a GP
You can contact a centre that provides ear wax removal service.
Please Google Ear Wax removal service in Maidstone, Bower Mount Medical Practice are unable to recommend anyone in particular.
Do not insert anything in the ear. Cotton buds, matchsticks, and hair pins can:
- Damage the wall of the canal and increase the likelihood of otitis externa.
- Cause the wax to become impacted by pushing it further into the canal.
- Perforate the tympanic membrane.
Do not use ear candles as they have no benefit in the management of earwax removal and may result in serious injury.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.