Training In The Practice
Our practice has been accredited as being suitable for the training of those doctors intending to become General Practitioners. In addition Foundation doctors (FY2), Physician Assistants (PhA), Medical Students, Nurses and Paramedics (PrM) are also trained in this practice. This means that the practice and the doctors had to achieve a number of standards, which have been assessed by the Health Education for Kent, Surrey and Sussex (HEKSS).
These are some points for your information:
- Those doctors training to become GPs are called GP Registrars in various stages (ST2, ST3). They are supervised by the Educational Supervisors (doctors accredited to training by HEKSS). Currently we have Dr. J. Ravindra as Educational supervisor and Dr. S Ravindra as Educational supervisor and Programme director for GP Trainees.
- The GP registrar is a fully qualified doctor who is likely to have a lot of experience of hospital medicine.
- Sometimes, other doctors (FY2) are also trained and supported in the practice.
- If you are seeing these doctors, you can expect to receive the quality of service you would from your own GP, if you have any concerns, please mention this to a member of staff.
- In order for the GP registrars to successfully complete their training, they need to be assessed on their consulting skills. Viewing a video of the registrar's consultations may do this. You may be asked for your written permission to have your consultation recorded in this way. If you agree, you will need to complete a consent form available at the desk, which you will be offered. If the doctor appears to be recording your consultation and you have not signed a consent form, then you should indicate this to him/her immediately. The recording will be used for educational purposes only. Further information about this process and the confidentiality of it, can be obtained from the reception staff.
To ensure that the practice continues to meet the standards for training in the HEKSS, the practice and the doctors will be a subject to regular inspection visits (normally every three years). At this inspection, another doctor (Associate Dean) will assess the quality of the patient records. If you do not want your own record to be available for inspection, then please inform the practice of your wishes and they will be respected. If you need further information please ask any member of the reception staff.
FY2 (Foundation Doctors)
These doctors have been qualified for a year and are here to get GP experience. They may however go on to specialise any area from brain surgery to general practice. Our FY2 doctors will often (but not always) speak to the supervising doctor when you see them. (Usually with us for a four month block)
All our trainees have been allocated a supervising doctor who will support as required.
If you have a specific doctor who you wish to see, please ask at the time of booking and the receptionists will do their best to accommodate your needs.
Our medical students are all within their final year at University College, (UCL) London or Imperial College, London. If a medical student sees you, you will always be seen by a Senior Doctor as well.
We are very grateful for the continued support of our patients in the training of this next generation of Doctors
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.