How to Request a Home Visit
Please telephone Bower Mount Medical Practice before 10.30am if you are requesting a home visit. Patients are usually telephoned by their doctor prior to the visit to make an assessment as to the suitability and requirements during their visit. Please press option 2 on the phone.
Home visits are only for housebound patients who are too ill or frail to attend the surgery. (Transport responsibility remains with the patient).
Reasons For A Home Visit
- Terminally ill
- Would come to serious harm if moved
- No transport or money
- Children, young people and anyone who is mobile
- Social reasons or for convenience
The Small Print
- Patients do not have an automatic right to a home visit
- Under their terms of working, doctors are required to consider home visits for medical reasons only
- If you think you qualify for a home visit, please ring before 10.30am
- All visit requests will be medically assessed to check if appropriate
- Other help more appropriate