How to Request a Home Visit
Please telephone Bower Mount Medical Practice before 10.30am if you are requesting a home visit. Patients are usually telephoned by their doctor prior to the visit to make an assessment as to the suitability and requirements during their visit. Please press option 2 on the phone.
Home visits are only for housebound patients who are too ill or frail to attend the surgery. (Transport responsibility remains with the patient).
Reasons For A Home Visit
- Terminally ill
- Would come to serious harm if moved
- No transport or money
- Children, young people and anyone who is mobile
- Social reasons or for convenience
The Small Print
- Patients do not have an automatic right to a home visit
- Under their terms of working, doctors are required to consider home visits for medical reasons only
- If you think you qualify for a home visit, please ring before 10.30am
- All visit requests will be medically assessed to check if appropriate
- Other help more appropriate
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.